In light of Cinco de Mayo, mañana… here you go – a guacamole recipe to go with whatever you’re fixing (you can make it with lower/no fat mayo and it will work just fine). O, and don’t forget to get a bag of *Juanita’s Chips or fry your own *flour tortillas that you’ve cut into wedges. *These are not THM 😉 ♥
Recipe Type: Dip
Serves: 8 cups
Guacamole dip for chips, taco salad, etc.,
- 5 Large Avocados
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cans olives
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa (your preference mild or hot) *
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. Tajin Clasico Seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Mash avocados in bowl—if using small avocados, then you’ll need to get a few more.
- Put the Salsa into a screen mesh colander over a bowl to drain off liquid. Save that liquid for adding to Mexican rice, taco soup or taco/burrito/enchilada meat.
- Finely dice tomatoes and kinda squeeze them out as you lift them into the bowl.
- Finely dice the onion and the olives.
- The salsa should be drained enough at this point to add to the avocado mixture.
- Add the minced garlic, Tajin seasoning, garlic salt, Worchestershire sauce and mayonnaise
- Add salt & pepper as needed for personal taste.
- Eat and be happy!! 🙂